Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bridge Building

Vibrant marriage means not letting the days and weeks wedge distance and complacency between the partners. Like a loaf of bread, marriage is best hot and fresh, not stale and crumbling. The questions below, which come from social worker Kenneth Matheson, help couples to keep their connection healthy and powerful. Answer alone or together, then discuss your responses with each other.

  • What are the qualities which made you special to me when we first met?
  • What are the qualities which make you special to me now?
  • What do I appreciate most about you?
  • Do I see and accept you as you are? Explain
  • If I could influence a change in you, it would be in the area of ...
  • What do I appreciate most about us as a couple?
  • In what area do I find it most difficult to listen to you? What are my feelings about this?
  • Name a time when I experienced intimacy with you. What are my feelings as I recall that time now?
  • What feelings do I have that are most difficult for me to share with you because it makes me vulnerable?
  • I know you appreciate me for...
  • I know the areas you would like me to improve on would be...
  • What do we most need to talk about to grow in our relationship?
  • How do I feel about the role of God in our relationship?
  • In order to make our relationship a priority, what am I going to do specifically?

No comments:

Post a Comment